Friday, October 19, 2007

Styling Tip: Blanket Wraps

Calypso: Virginia Coat


What are blanket wraps?

A voluminous and cozy alternate to sweater coats. They are the perfect accessory in between seasons; when it's chilly out but not exactly cold. A slender belt will keep them closed but still maintain their streamlined shape.

How do I wear them?

Think light thin layers. Try a thin scoop neck sweater or tee paired with a nice merino wool scarf.

But I'm cold all the time! Will blanket wraps really provide the warmth I need?

Absolutely! To get the warmth you desire, try selecting heavier fabrics like cashmere or wool. You could also add a long sleeve sweater for an extra layer of warmth.

Where can get my hands on these beauties?

Most of your favorite retailers (i.e. Macy's, Nordstrom) will have them in stock this fall. I've also highlighted some of my favorites below.

No comments: