Monday, January 14, 2008

My 2 Cents: Ne-Yo "Go On Girl" Video




Note: Before reading my post below, please watch the video above and more importantly, listen to the lyrics of the song.

Recap: Over the past couple of weeks, I've found so many fantastic items to splurge on during my "ME and My Money" series. This week begins a new series entitled, "My 2 Cents" where I share my thoughts on everything from music to celebrities.

Today's 2 cents: I'm really mad at Hype and Ne-Yo for this one. LOVE the song, HATE the video. Did you listen to the lyrics of this powerful ballad? How dare they do it such a great dis-service by featuring 1/2 naked women flinging their hair wildly about. What happened to the story line? When I first heard this song, so many ideas for a video popped into my head. None of which was achieved with this onscreen disaster. To put it nicely, you missed the mark with this one Hype! Next time guys, consult with ME so we produce a REAL video with substance.

No comments: