Friday, February 29, 2008

Margarite Elaine's been Tagged!

My favorite blogger from down under, KarinaXOXO, tagged ME and I happily obliged!

1. What is the story behind the name of your blog?

Let ME start by saying that Margarite Elaine is not my name. I get tons of emails addressed to her and it's hilarious! Margarite Elaine is a combination of me and my sister's middle name. I wanted something that sounded like an identity or alter ego so Margarite Elaine was born. I also operate a fashion jewelry company of the same name.

2. Why did you start blogging in the first place?

To get the word out about my jewelry company. The blog slowly morphed into the fashion weblog that you read today. It has more than tripled in readership numbers since I started in the Summer of 2006 which is freakin' amazing!

3. What is your best blogging experience? Your worst?

Best: I love when readers write to ME or leave comments that my posts inspired a purchase. Its extremely humbling and a fantastic blessing to know that my words are valued. It's also great when retailers or PR companies reach out and ask for my help promoting a product. That's always fun!

Worst: Honestly, when I first started no one wanted to talk to ME. I would send out link swap requests and get totally dissed. However as my numbers grew, I was eventually able to get all of my favorite bloggers' attention. Wait, I'm still working on one :). To all my new bloggers out there, persistence is the name of the game. Don't give up! Success will come...it'll just take some time.

4. What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008?

More giveaways (stay tuned in March for a BIG surprise)! More contributing writers so that I focus on more freelance opportunities. More partnerships and more readers. I am one of those bloggers who is totally approachable so if you have an idea to make ME better or want to contribute a story, I'd love to hear from you! Email ME

I tag, BudgetDiva, Omiru and Kristopher Dukes.

No comments: